20 hours per week – £11,960 pa (£11.50ph)
Knutsford Methodist Church,(KMC), has a vacancy for a Pastoral Worker to join its established and energetic staff team based at KMC in the centre of the historic market town of Knutsford.
With a membership of c300, the Church is extensively involved in a wide range of pastoral work
We are looking for an experienced and compassionate pastoral worker to take this work forward and to become a key member of our staff team
- Working in partnership with the ministers and pastoral secretary, coordinate the pastoral care for members and regular attendees of KMC.
- To recruit, support and coordinate the work of the pastoral visitors / links, developing further the extensive buddy scheme for older members and housebound. Support the house group leaders in their role of pastoral care.
- To develop opportunities for ministry among older people in the church and wider community. Oversee and co-ordinate the team of volunteers providing fellowship and worship for older people. For instance regular lunches, Friendship café for people with dementia, CAMEO,(Come and Meet Everyone), service and fellowship.
- To co-ordinate bereavement support, share in memorial services and invite families to annual thanksgiving service.
- Share in the ministry of extended communion for members who are unable otherwise to access Holy Communion.
- Strengthen relationships with local residential and nursing homes and seek opportunities to offer worship and spiritual support.
- Oversee KMC’s involvement with Hope Central Foodbank and build good relationships with other charities and agencies working in the community.
- Support the overall vision of KMC that shares the love of God for all people, and demonstrates that everyone is valued.
Interviews will be held on 24th and 25th September
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Rev Alan Bradley via the Church office – 01565 652251